A warm welcome to the careers section of the International School of Hyderabad website.
The International School of Hyderabad is a non-profit school, sponsored and managed by ICRISAT – The International Crop Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropic (www.icrisat.org) with headquarters in Patancheru. Founded in 1982, our mission is to provide a high-quality education based on best educational practices from around the world.
ISH is seeking energetic and highly-motivated teachers with a commitment to the children they teach and to their own professional development. The school requires teachers with strong academic backgrounds who have the highest academic and behavioral expectations of their students. We need teachers who will make contributions beyond the confines of the classroom in extra curricular activities, school events and committees. We especially seek teachers who encourage their students to become independent and creative thinkers with a strong sense of responsibility for themselves, for others and for their environment.
Inclusion Teaching Assistant
ISH is an inclusive school that has some students with diverse learning needs. Our growing inclusion department is seeking an energetic and highly-motivated Inclusion Teaching Assistant who respects individual differences, possesses a commitment towards student learning, and as part of this process, is also willing to develop professionally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist student learning with the use appropriate methodologies and strategies for students with learning differences; under the mentorship of the inclusion teacher and the program guidelines
- Plan collaboratively and regularly with faculty and inclusion teacher
- Execute one on one or small group sessions to meet the needs of individual students
- Communicate well with students, teachers and parents
- Take part in whole school Co-curricular activities and community events
- Embody the school’s core dispositions of respect, responsibility and dispositions
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Good command over spoken and written English
- Ability to build good relationships with students and adults
- Willingness to take on new learning opportunities and be flexible and adaptable
- Experience of teaching and/or working with children would be an asset