Middle School / Grade 6 to 8
The ISH Middle School
Welcome to the ISH Middle School. This “programme” within the secondary school building is a dynamic part of the ISH Community. “Energy” is the resource that adolescents and teachers can harness to make a memorable and impactful time with us in grades 6 through 8.
What makes the MS great at ISH? - The Students!
The Common Ground Curriculum (CGC) provides the framework for a “Guided Inquiry” approach to learning. The learning ecosystem of the CGC defines, designs and delivers learning in three interconnected parts:
- Conceptual Learning
- Competency Learning
- Character Learning
Each student follows a “Block Schedule” of 80 minute periods that enables each student to work more deeply on unit modules in their academic disciplines that allow them to construct, test and formulate their own understandings in Math, Science, Humanities, English, PE, and Languages (French/Spanish). Each student also takes part in a vibrant Music and Visual Art program.
Social Emotional Development and Personal Learning
At ISH, “learning” is not restricted to the academic setting, and this is why students in the MS are also involved in our Advisory Program. The Advisory Program incorporates Health and Wellness - (led by school counselor), Robotics, Service Learning and a dynamic number of “Personal Learning Modules” driven by student choice, leadership and the wide array of talented faculty members. Passion and interest have led students to explore personal learning modules such as:
- Cooking, Book Club, Entrepreneurship, Tool Time, Design, Coding, Service Learning, Public Speaking, Yoga and Dance to name a few.
Life in the Middle School
Students in the middle school make an outstanding contribution and shape their own school life at ISH; and this is made evident in the strong participation numbers by our students in the many opportunities made available to them.
- Vipers ISACI Sports - (International School Activities Conference India) ISH takes part in “MS ISACI Sports Festival” in Basketball and Football (Boy’s and Girl’s)
- MS Production - including student Director Team
- Co-Curricular Activities (CCA’s)
- Model United Nations (MUN)
- STUCO - student voice - participation in our Student Council
We look forward to welcoming you on the MS journey!